Join us Thursday, June 20, at 10:00 a.m. ET / 4:00 p.m. CEST as we discuss how sustainability standards can contribute positively to women’s rights to land and agricultural resources.
Gender inequalities in agriculture persist, making it difficult for women to access productive resources or have land ownership. Development organizations can leverage voluntary sustainability standards (VSS) to address these challenges when collaborating with farmers’ groups and communities.
Cristina Larrea, IISD, and Kathleen Sexsmith, Pennsylvania State University, will explore timely questions during the webinar, including:
• How do we ensure women access land, resources, and technology?
• How do we ensure production of food crops vs cash crops?
• How do we support women-led products reaching the market?
• How can we tackle the root causes of gender inequality in agriculture?
• How do VSSs adapt to local contexts?