Join us for a webinar exploring how technologies in mining can generate new or better types of shared benefits for both host governments and mining communities. The discussion will focus on drones, geographic information systems, and other technologies that have become integral to the mining sector. Panelists will assess the potential for the mining sector to widen and deepen shared benefits by sharing its digital infrastructure so that communities can use it for their own benefit.
• Lisa Stellner, Advisor - Extractive Governance, German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ)
• Aaron Cosbey, Senior Associate, IGF
• Thiago Curvello, Digital Transformation Manager for North Corridor (Brazil), Vale
• Boris Dolgonos, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
• Kees Hörchner, Owner, RebelGroup
• Dione Macedo, General Coordinator of Sustainable Development in Mining, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Brazil
• Cinthia de Paiva Rodrigues, Research and Development Manager, IBRAM
• Alexander Southwelll, Partner and Co-Chair of Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Data Innovation practice , Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
The event is co-hosted by the IGF, CONNEX, and the Extractives for Development (X4D) project on behalf of GIZ. The session includes simultaneous interpretation for participants in English and Spanish.