Asia is home to the majority of the world’s population and consumption patterns on the continent have significant implications at a global scale.
This webinar will present research on consumption trends of certified and sustainable products in Asia, focusing on cotton, palm oil, tea, and coffee. Various actors (buyers, VSSs, producers) will then share successes, challenges, and potential ways to increase sustainable consumption in Asia.
• Steffany Bermúdez, Policy Analyst, IISD
• Rajesh Bhuyan, Director, Trustea
• Irvan Helmi, Co-Founder, Anomali Coffee
• Nils Heuer, Associate Programme Officer, Consumption and Production Unit, UN Environment Programme
• Ganesh Kasekar, Representative in South Asia, Global Organic Textile Standard
• Teddy Somantri, Co-Founder and President Director, Javanero Indonesia Coffee
• Nguyen Bao Thoa, Director, Vietnam Rural Industries Research and Development Institute
• Philippa Walker, Programme Manager, Asia Sustainable Palm Oil Links, WWF Singapore
• Cristina Larrea, Lead, Sustainability Standards, IISD
• Vidya Rangan, Senior Manager, Impacts and Evidence, ISEAL Alliance
This event is co-hosted by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and Evidensia.